Senior Front-End Developer (contract)
Welwyn Garden City
- Continually improved tesco.com page performances (site structure, navigation, page load time, content handling, accessibility, usability), driving increased customer visits and retention.
- Developed custom page designs (mobile-first, responsive, animated, parallax) to tight deadlines.
- Researched peers, benchmarked page performance against best in class sites, prepared presentation for performance and accessibility improvements, secured senior stakeholder buy-in for implementation.
- Managed international coding team of 5, conducted regular training and mentoring in new code and apps, hires and trains new developers.
- Optimised tesco.com to be the fastest performing page in class (283K in 1 second on-load, 1.4Mb total page), used by peers as an example of best practice.
- Developed Tesco’s Store Locator (Tesco’s first mobile-first development) and inspirational pages.
- Used lean coding and site navigation skills to design pages that support sales and marketing by delivering cross-sell opportunities without interfering with user journeys to Grocery assets.
- Used Accessibility and Usability skills to maximise customer lock-in and drive site traffic to 2 M visits per week.